Lat-Lon’s Mini Solar Tracking Unit (MiniSTU) provides GPS tracking and relays critical information for Rail, Barge, Intermodal, and Trucking assets. This self-contained device uses patented solar-powered technology to self-charge, allowing sensors to report day and night while delivering more messages over a longer lifetime. The MiniSTU is our lowest profile unit that mounts directly to your asset, the easy install process makes implementation stress free. The MiniSTU also has a hazardous location variant for the most extreme situations with a class I div 2 certification.
Compared to regular battery powered GPS tracking devices, the Solar Tracking Unit line is more reliable, longer lasting, and safer.
View, sort and filter custom data in the Web-Based Software.
- Increase operational efficiency
- Improve security and prevent theft
- Stay on top of preventative maintenance
- Live mapping with breadcrumb asset tracking
The sensors available for all Lat-Lon products allow you peace of mind knowing that your assets are running smoothly. Along with GPS tracking technology, each unit is completely customizable to fit your exact needs, our sales and engineering teams work hand in hand to provide our customers with the products that fit their needs. Find some of our sensor options below.
- Hatch / Door (Open or Closed) – Wireless
- Tilt – Wireless
- Bearing Temperature
- Camera with Motion Detection
- Handbrake (On or Off)
- Solar-powered asset tracking
- Quick & easy installation
- Rugged design for durability
- 10 minute updates while in transit
- Real-time alerts
- Product lifetime of 7+ years
- Dashboards and Data Analytics
- Certified Hazardous location options