With the RailRider on-board you’ll experience many benefits:
- Improve locomotive utilization
- Reduce locomotive dwell and idle times
- Eliminate dump valve releases
- Further fuel management
- Gain visibility into dark territory
- Advance one-man crew safety
- Enhance crew productivity
Improve Locomotive Productivity
The RailRider can immediately provide you with useful productivity information:
- Engine start and stop times.
- Moving begin and end times with locations.
- Timed messages (every “x” minutes) to know current location and status. A separate Dispatch screen can be viewed that shows current locomotive position, speed, direction, etc.
- Tripwire creates a virtual line that can be drawn anywhere on a map in any orientation. As a result of the locomotive crossing a tripwire, a message is created giving the precise time the tripwire was crossed. It is a superior solution to a geofence because it can be used in tight places where you want to identify just one track or road.
Be Notified with Alarm Messages
Alarm thresholds can be configured to send an immediate message via e-mail or sms to any device. All alarms as well as alarm thresholds can be set up and updated at any time from your computer. Examples of alarm messages include:
- Temperature – Sends immediate message when temperature crosses your defined threshold.
- Over-speed – Sends an immediate message when the equipment exceeds a certain speed.
- Digital message – Sends an immediate message when state changes, such as an open door or hatch.
- Impact – Sends an immediate message when the G threshold is reached.
Get Current GPS and Sensor Status
The RailRider will constantly monitor GPS location and other installed sensors as well as sending a report containing the following data:
- Engine run status
- Location (latitude, longitude, distance/direction from nearest town)
- Hobbs counter
- Battery voltage
- Report type (reason for report)
- Coolant temperature
- Fuel level
- Maximum speed
- 12 digital inputs
- Course (heading)
Unlimited access to all information is available via data feed or on our Web-Based Software.
- 74-volt isolated power
- Rugged, weather-proof encasing
- Tracking data (date, time, location, nearest town, speed, course, etc.)
- Health data (battery voltage, coolant temperature, engine hours, etc.)
- Fuel level
- 3 axis impact detection
- 12 isolated digital inputs (e.g., man-down alarms, low oil)
- 4 isolated analog inputs
- Detect excessive coupling events
- 2 control relays (remote start, emergency stop, etc.)
- Passive and active geo-fencing
- Customizable reports
- Street level and aerial mapping
- Over-the-air programming