Lat-Lon’s LoRa Solar Tracking Unit (LoRa-STU) is a self-contained solar-powered device that has no cellular modem like our other units. Instead, LoRa-STUs send messages to one or multiple gateway(s) that use cellular to transmit securely to back-end servers. This drastically reduces data fees typical of GPS products.
Units send messages to gateways up to a mile away and can store over 5000 messages while out of range. Messages are created as frequently as every 10 minutes and are relayed in near real-time when in proximity to a gateway or stored for later transmission. Data can be viewed on secure servers via our Web-Based Software.
With numerous applications for the LoRa-STU, some examples include:
- Near real-time monitoring within a yard or maintenance facility
- Railcar monitoring transmitting from railyards
- Truck monitoring
- Construction site monitoring in near real-time
- Barge monitoring with gateways on towboats and at barge terminals in near Real-time
- Digital or Analog Inputs
- Wireless Mesh RF Sensors
- Minimal data fees
- Solar-powered for fresh recharge daily & long lifetime
- Quick & easy installation
- Over 5,000 messages can be stored
- Reports with analytics
Watch FastCast to learn more about LoRa and how it differs from other forms of communication along with its Rail Industry applications.
|Real-Time||GPS||Digital Sensors||Analog Sensors|
|LoRa - Data Logger||GPS||Digital Sensors||Analog Sensors|